When your ex won’t pay college obligations

collegeNJ Money Help interviewed attorney Ken White to discuss options when your ex won’t pay for your child’s college.

Q. My ex-husband doesn’t want to pay his half of college as our divorce agreement says he must. What can I do?
— Divorced

Consult with a Certified Matrimonial Attorney when you ex-husband isn’t following divorce agreement

Ken White suggests that you will probably have to file a motion to enforce the terms of the divorce agreement. You can do this yourself, however it could end up costing you more and take much longer if you make any mistakes that need to be fixed.

Another important “tip” is to keep both your child and your ex-husband part in communication, involved in the decision making process, and aware of the costs. Your child should also have a relationship with your ex.

Read the full article to read more about this often complicated situation. at www.NJMoneyHelp.com